Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday, Boca Raton to Fort Lauderdale and Back

Welcome to Saturday morning in Boca Raton. I was at the start of a 52.4-mile roundtrip to Fort Lauderdale, where I used to live and work as a newspaper reporter about 10 years ago.


The Boca bus stops are a little different than the 1-800-Call-Gary ones in Tampa.


The Pompano Beach Pier is a popular hangout.


Good ol' Fort Lauderdale Beach. I know her well. I used to live and work in Fort Lauderdale in 1998-99 when I worked at the Sun-Sentinel.


Without bike lanes, cyclists pedal in the traffic lane. They have a right to be there in the lane, but there's not as much room on the road to share and an inattentive motorist can can get dangerously close to a bicyclist.


With bike lanes, cyclists safely pass me, then return to the bike lane and cars also have room to pass when we're in the bike lane.


In Boca, on the way back from Fort Lauderdale.

No comments: