Friday, February 8, 2008

Some Rare Fan Mail

It's not like Bicycle Stories has much of a fan base. But every now and then -- as in I don't remember the last time -- Bicycle Stories gets a pleasant missive from someone who appreciates the efforts to promote and sell bicycling around these here parts.

A bicyclist by the name of Warren Denby who appreciates the scenic environs of Flatwoods county park much like I do sent me this nice note -- and all I could say was aw shucks. That's Warren pictured below.


Hello Alan,

I just want to thank you for the wonderful bike stories you have written and photos taken in Flatwoods Park.

For 3 years, I was a weekly biker in the park (living in Hunter's Green) but unfortunately I had to move back to New Hampshire last summer and sadly miss my friend's and the wonderful camaraderie among those who ride in Flatwoods. You can imagine my delight when I found your blog!

I am waiting for the snowdrifts to melt before I can return to the mountain trails here.in New England. So I really enjoy all your editorials. Keep up the good work and again thank you.

Warren Denby
Manchester, New Hampshire

2 comments:

GhostRider said...

I think you're selling yourself short...you always have great pictures and stories to share and I think a lot of people really enjoy them!

Tell you what -- why don't we do a link exchange? I'll put your URL on our site(s) in exchange for placement of our URL(s) on yours.

Alan said...

Done ghostrider!