Saturday, January 7, 2012

Community Cycling With The SHBC

Every first Saturday of the month, I stroll down my driveway and greet the cyclists who come for the easy and casual 6-mile ride I lead through SAeminole Heights.

You never who will attend. We have our regulars such as the czar of the bike valet Jim Shirk, our Seminole Heights Bicycle Club communications manager and always friendly Margarey Shepherd and Wes and Faye, too.

And this morning we had 10-year-old Joseph who lives near Margaret, a teacher named Neil who I met at a climate symposium at Blahe Highh School in November and Kelly, who grew up in metro Tampa, lived in Boston for 24 years and has returned to Tampa.

We biked down 12th Street to Park Circle and the Hillsborough River, checked out 22nd Street Park, biked back to Lake Roberta for a lap around the ol' lake and finished back at my house.

See you Sunday morning at the Seminole Heights Market at Hillsborough School where the SHBC tent will be up and Jim Shirk and I will be ready to chat neighborhood and community bicycling with you.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think other web site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!
Dr. Shrink 14' x 213' 7-ml blue shrink wrap