Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Three Things I See Every Morning About Drivers In the Tampa Area

Three things I see every day about car drivers in the Tampa area when I go out for my daily early-morning bike ride or walk:

1. The profound sadness in the faces of drivers stuck in traffic. They're beyond mad. It's a blank, defeatist look that evokes pity.

2. The stunning high number of drivers who do not yield the right of way to pedestrians in crosswalks. The DOT lectures people to use crosswalks, yet drivers don't yield the right of way. No wonder so many pedestrians try alternative routes to cross streets -- and then get blamed.

3. The penchant of car drivers to drive fast to red lights. I don't understand this -- why do car drivers speed up to get to red lights?  

2 comments:

peep said...

Sometimes I'm convinced getting behind the wheel of a car lowers IQ 30 pts.

Fred Littell said...

I am with peep on this one. Get behind the wheel and common sense and courtesy just evaporates.