Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Mittster Hits The Rodeo

I've been fascinated with the role of sports since I've been a kid and I can't think of a more fascinating American sport than rodeo.

The rodeo events are based on stuff cowboys do on ranches and farms and the animals such as bulls and horses and calves play a big role in cowboy competitors winning tens of thousands of dollars at rodeos like the $6.125 million National Finals Rodeo unfolding for 10 days here in Las Vegas.

I was at the Thomas & Mack Arena where the UNLV basketball team usually plays for a Las Vegas Review-Journal business story related to the rodeo when I took some photos.

There was a dude name Trevor Brazile from Texas who is the Michael Jordan of the sport, a bareback rider named Kaycee Feild who sure spells his names in a most interesting manner and look who was in the house.

No comments: