Sunday, December 20, 2015

Another Bicyclist Dies In The Las Vegas Area

Another bicyclist in the Las Vegas area has died.

This time, a woman name Cara Cox who was riding her bicycle in Henderson in early October has succumbed to her injuries after she was in a coma.

A 74-year-old female driver had struck Cara. Here's the news report on Cara being hit.

Cara is now the ninth bicyclist to be killed by a motorist in the Las Vegas area in 2015.

About a month before Cara was struck, about 500 bicyclists met in Summerlin to hold a rally to spotlight the problem of motorists striking and killing bicyclists.

Every bicyclist I know can share a story about a motorist endangering their safety.

I never met Cara, but we bicyclists know that in many cases it could have easily been one of us struck and killed by a motorist.

For the life of me, I can't understand how society accepts killed bicyclists as just a part of the regular carnage out there on the roads.

It sickens me and I think about my mortality every time I start pedaling.

1 comment:

Justine Valinotti said...

Hello Alan,

I wrote about Ms. Cox's death on my blog: http://midlifecycling.blogspot.com/2015/12/gambling-with-cyclists-lives-cara-cox.html. I mentioned you and your blog as sources.

Thank you for your work.