Thursday, February 25, 2016

Time Running Out In Vegas

I'm down to a precious few days of bicycling in Las Vegas as the "Keep Pedaling" Farewell Vegas Tour winds down before I leave town with Pugsy the 17-year-old pug on Monday.

It's bittersweet to say adios to so many great friends and bicycle pals.

On Wednesday, with weekly Wed biking partner Jared doing business in Utah, it was Paul Doyle from the RJ and I for a Red Rock Canyon ride to Blue Diamond and back before we munched on eggs and bagels at The Element next to Jared's Las Vegas Cyclery store.

The funny thing about cycling with Paul was that it was our first bike ride together even though I worked with Paul for more than three years at the RJ. On my first day at the RJ in late November of 2012, someone in the newsroom heard I was a cyclist and that I should bike with Paul.

Because of differing work schedules, we never did bike together until yesterday and I'm sorry we didn't bike more.


Then this morning, it was off to my final ride in Valley of Fire State Park, a stunning 30-mile round trip with more than 3,000 feet of elevation gain. I deposited these amazing visual memories into my brain this morning.








So, here are my three last day rides. Anyone who would like to do a casual road ride is welcome to join me.

-- Friday Feb 26: Bike from Dunkin Donuts at 8AM to Calico Basin and Blue Diamond and back. Figure about two hours.

-- Saturday Feb 27: Meet at the Lake Mead Railroad Trail parking lot at 8:30AM for a River Mountains Trail loop. Figure about three hours.

-- Sunday Feb 28: Meet at Dunkin at 8AM for one final Red Rock Loop ride. About two hours.


No comments: