Tuesday, March 15, 2016

It's Century Time In Florida


The bicycle reacclimation meant my first 100-miler back in Florida.

It was a ride south along the Indian River Drive to Jensen Beach, then an in-land jaunt to Stuart. And then I headed to Stuart Beach and headed north to Vero Beach, where I biked another 10 miles or so to pedal the century.

My High 5 about this ride.




1.. Indian River Drive from Port Pierce to Jensen Beach is amazingly beautiful and serene and even has a few slight ups and downs.





2. It was great to meet this guy -- former Palm Beach Post photographer Paul Milette who is now a state ranger at the sprawling Savannas park between Port St. Lucie and Jensen Beach.


3. Paul and his wife Sue have done an amazing job sprucing up a double-wide into a very cool place to live at the park.



4. I have no data or scientific information to back this up but if I had to guess I would say most war re-enactment buffs probably like Donald Trump. Along Indian River Drive.

5. So, I found the best pizza along the 100 miles in Fort Pierce. It's this place on US 1 near the cross road that leads to the Fort Pierce North Causeway. A Taste of Brooklyn in the Publix shopping center on US 1.


No comments: