Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Building Manager Of Tampa City Center Wins First SWFBUDdy Award

I am happy to announce that SWFBUD (South West Florida Bicycle United Dealers) will be debuting the "SWFBUDdy Award" to people, businesses and public agencies that go out of their way to improve conditions for bicyclists, to increase the profile of bicycling in the Tamp Bay region and to make a difference for bicyclists.

SWFBUD's first award will go to Sandy Ballestra, building manager of the Tampa City Center office building in downtown Tampa for installing bicycle storage rooms in this prominent building.

I saw the storage rooms last week when I attended a bike commuter meeing at the offices of HOK architects in the Tampa City Center and I was impressed with the security and access for bike commuters. I believe Sandy wants to add showers and lockers, too.



My congratulations to Sandy Ballestra, winner of the first SWFBUDdy Award for creating bike storage space in the Tampa City Center. There will be a brief presentation ceremony for the SWFBUDdy award 2PM Friday at the Tampa City Center building at Jackson and Franklin.

No comments: