Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ocean2Gulf - The first few hours





(Guest Blogger Steve Swiger, Somewhere between Yeehaw Junction and Lake Wales -- Man it was early o'clock when the alarm went off, but as I swung out of bed I reminded myself that Alan was probably already on the road. Loaded the car (2 cooler, tools, bike stand, two bikes on the roof, assorted electronics, etc) and hit the road about 5am. Called Alan for the first time this morning at 6:15 to get an update, and he had already made it past Yeehaw Junction. Weather was nice, coolish even, with the sun rising over the fields. I caught up with Alan about 12 miles west of Yeehaw Junction and he was in great spirits, felt great, ate a little bit, downloaded some pictures, and right back on the bike. It is truly a gorgeous day for it.

I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for him to catch up, and when he does he will probably post some of his own thoughts, but until then, Here's a couple of pictures.

No comments: