Thursday, April 1, 2010

North Carolina Bike Shop Owner Needs Help With Hospital Bills

My North Carolina pal Willie Drye, who lives in Plymouth. N.C. about two hours from the Outer Banks, relays a story about his city's local bike shop owner who faces immense hospital bills after seriously injuring himself in a fall.

Here is Willie's story:

"Roger Johnson opened Inner Banks Cycle Works a couple of years ago and has worked hard to bring serious cycling to Plymouth. He was seriously injured in a fall and required hospitalization in intensive care, and had to temporarily close his business.

"Before his illness, he was leading monthly group cycling outings. He's now back at work at IBX Cycle Works. The community is sponsoring a benefit auction April 9, with all proceeds going to pay his medical bills.

"Downtown merchants also have established a fund. Anyone wanting to make a contribution should make the check payable to the Roger Johnson Fund and send them to The Roger Johnson Fund, c/o Cheryl's Floral Design, 101 West Water Street, Plymouth, NC 27962. The money will be deposited in an account that's been established at Branch Banking and Trust."

2 comments:

Mimbres Man said...

I am a friend of Roger's. He helped be out a few years back when I needed it. He helped me get my feet back under me, and now I am currently working overseas. Just doing a Google search on him today and I came across this.
You have more information on his condition?
Thanks!
MM

tampabayrealty said...

I am very impress on your information , Its a really very impressive blog. I really got some another very nice information , so thanks for sharing these tips,Bridging Tampa Bay.