It's time for my Hi Five -- five bicycle links that grabbed my attention.
1. Even the Tour de France is not immune from gun shots when Paris police fired at a car that broke through a Tour de France barricade. Police are searching for the four car occupants.
* * *
2. God bless those well-intentioned road planners and public works designers, who try and stick bike lanes everywhere. Sometimes, like in this case in Colorado Springs, the bike lane gets a little bit wacky -- and can lead a bicyclist to a potential death.
* * *
3. When you're on a bicycle and you're in the middle of nowhere and gotta go, well you gotta go. In this case in Idaho, this bicyclist poop job led to a fiery mess.
* * *
4. This country is filled with inspiring stories of overweight people who used a bicycle to change their lives. This fella tips the scales at more than 400 pounds, yet he wanted to bike across the country to change his life. One little problem -- his bike broke down. But a bike shop came through and gave the guy a free bicycle for his trip.
5. Tragically, bicyclists are killed across the country. In this case, a garbage truck killed a bicyclist.