Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Ready To Hit Sea Otter

This morning it's cloudy to start but I suspect it will burn off when bicycle fans from across California and the country descend on the big hills outside Monterey for the Sea Otter Classic.

I will be in and out at the Just Ride Bicycles tent, manned by SWFBUD member David Luppino and Tammy of SWFBUD member store Suncoast Trailside Bicycles. Stop by and say hi.

I plan to test ride some bicycles in the morning and hopefully my legs and lungs will be up to pedaling some bikes in the hilly terrain that includes some rather daunting steep climbs for a guy used to cycling the flats of Flatwooods county park and Morris Bridge Road. It's basically Sugarloaf Mountain Road climbs all around here.

The bicycle culture is amazing here and at Sea Otter bicyclists ride bikes alongside pedestrians who stroll the many dirt aisles of the exhibitor rows. There are literally hundreds of vendors and commercial tents, including all the big names of the bicycle industry.

I'll be sharing photos when I return to Tampa Bay early Monday morning.

No comments: