Thursday, February 28, 2008

Biking Into Downtown Tampa

While biking south on Tampa Street into downtown this afternoon, I encountered this fella -- a sidewalk bicycle repairman who set up shop at this bus stop. It's not every day you see a bicycle wrench working right on the street.




The bike lane on Tampa Street ends in the middle of downtown Tampa, but at least this "Share the Road" sign was installed on the south side of Kennedy Blvd.


While I was biking on Jackson Street, which has a bike lane in downtown Tampa, I saw your Hillsborough County tax dollars in action at the county office building. This is my favorite waste of county dollars -- Hillsborough County Commissioner Jim Norman found $68,000 to build these smoking area shelters. Yet, I rarely see county employee-smokers ever use these pricy smoking shelters.


No comments: