Sunday, February 10, 2008

Century Day

Today was a wonderous day in the weather category -- so I called a "Century Day." It means 100 miles of cycling are mandated -- actually 101.7 miles today -- from Seminole Heights through Flatwoods and out to Zephyrhills, Dade City and San Antonio before pedaling from Pasco County to good ol' Seminole Heights.

You have seen the The Century ride sights on previous posts. But this time I stopped at a Confederate flag stand on Rt 301 outside Dade City.

I grew up outside New York City, so the confederate flag was not exactly a common scene for me. Which is why I'm fascinated that this symbol of the Old South is still pitched around these here parts.

It makes me edgy when I approach these Confederate flag salesmen. But the guy let me take a few shots and I was on my way.






No comments: