Sunday, October 26, 2008

Go Vertical With Miss Vicki

I'm sorry to say that I missed the Tampa Freewheelers Hilly Hundred this morning. I got up way too late after watching the Phils beat the Rays in the bottom of the ninth inning just earlier this morning.

So I got out late and pedaled some 72 miles north and west to the Suncoast Trail and Starkey Park and New Port Richey before I headed home on Tampa Road/Hillsborough Avenue back to Seminole Heights.

I got a kick out of this sign along North Dale Mabry Highway about five miles north of Bearrs Avenue.

Pay no attention to the recession.

Don't worry about that empty wallet and hole in your pocket.

That empty checkbook balance -- just a figment of your imagination.

And lastly, Ameriscape USA will not participate in spelling participate correctly.


I visited David Luppino at the Suncoast Trailside Bicycles, a SWFBUD member store, and when I pedaled on the road that leads to State Road 54 to cross and hook into the Suncoast Trail, I saw the debris that David and fellow store owner Geoff Lanier had told me about.

State Department of Transportation, can you please clean up this debris at the intersection?






I was in New Port Richey on State Road 54 when I saw the beautiful Vicki Vertical. Mam, watch where you poke thoe scissors. I can't wait to meet Vicki Vertical's sister -- Honey Horizontal.

No comments: