Monday, February 22, 2010

Get Better Soon John Sinibaldi!

A Bicycle Stories get-better-soon to John Sinibaldi, a bicycle leader in Pinellas County who was hit by a car driver who turned right in front of him while John was in a bike lane. You might recall John as the emcee of the annual Bicycle Bash festival.

John explained on Facebook:

OK, so there I am, doing a solo easy spin ride at about 20mph or so in the bike lane, when this woman turns at the very last minute right in front of me (no turn signal, of course). Hit her fender, slammed into her windshield, and then cartwheeled over the top.

Bike trashed (I havent'seen it yet), wrenched back, knee and neck, several really impressive hematomas, and shattered my left collar bone again. I'm home, but not ambulatory and very sore.


John provided this update:

I am so banged up I cannot walk, cannot sit comfortably, cannot stand. I feel like I broke every bone in my body. While I only broke my collarbone, I don't think I've ever been this beat up from an accident. Sooner or later I'm going to have to get up to go to the bathroom, and I'm dreading it. Napped for several hours; Percoset is my friend. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I met John at the Bicycle Bash and helped him move the Seminole Heights Bicycle Club tent to give some shade to Rachel VanSlyke when she sang her second set of songs. I want to wish him a speedy and complete recovery!

Jose