Sunday, March 2, 2008

On The Road To Vero Beach

This morning, Bicycle Stories got up awfully early to hit the road to Vero Beach and the latest stop on the "Tour de Spring Training." Good morning from State Road 60.


Once I arrived at Vero Beach, I took the bicycle out of the car and did a 35-mile loop south on US 1 to Fort Pierce and north of A1A back to Very Beach. I was amazed at how bike-friendly US 1 was between Vero Beach and Fort Pierce. A lovely bike lane for this stretch of road.


I biked past an amazing island state preserve on A1A in Fort Pierce called Jack Island State Preserve. I wrote a profile of this beautiful mangrove island for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale) and I wanted to take a few extra photos. It's reachable by this cool bridge, on the Intracoastal side, about a mile or two north of the Fort Pierce Inlet.


No comments: