Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bicycling This Morning, But I Know Fay Is Out There

This morning I awoke to cloudy skies but not rain. So I got the bike up and going and did a quick 24 miles.

The days leading up to today was hyping Fay as a potential hurricane that would rake the west coast of Florida, including the Tampa Bay area. But the storm has moved more east and looks like it's going to head up north along the central spine of Florida instead the coast.

It was breezy out of the east but as of 9:37 a.m. still no rain.

The school districts in the Tampa Bay area have cancelled school. Buses sit idle on 22nd Street as I head out for a bike ride this morning.


Rowlett Park Drive was mostly quiet.


I'm sure the drenching is coming -- it just didn't happen while pedaling this morning.


Fay is fickle -- hmmm, now I understand why nature is refered to as a female.


Hey fay, I know you're out there.

No comments: