Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thugs Harass Bicyclist on Nebraska Avenue


Florence Marsan of Seminole Heights reports:

Last night between 6 PM and 7 PM I witnessed these three harassing a bicyclist.

The bicyclist was a slender older white man, short brown hair parted on the side and black rim glasses.

He had a rimmed hat on. They threw it into the middle of Nebraska, shoved him, then pushed him to the ground.

This was just south on Shadowlawn on the East sidewalk of Nebraska. By the time I turned into Shadowlawn, dialed 911 and doubled back, the guys were walking away and the cyclist was no where to be found. I canvassed the neighborhood on the East side for 20 minutes but don't know where he went.

The police were not interested in seeing the picture in my camera and not interested in even talking to these guys who were slowly strolling down Nebraska - dispite my eye-witness testimony, supposedly because they could not find the cyclist.

Please post this hi-res picture that can be blown up to see these guys in detail . . . I think that the police should have at least talked to them and gotten their names. I am really dissapointed and feel sorry for the cyclist.

1 comment:

JHop said...

Good going to get that photo out there! I hope someone recognizes the punks and straightens them out. Legally, of course...