Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sure It's Warm, But The Late Light Was Too Good



I wish I was a better photographer to show what it's like to bike the Red Rock scenic loop late in the day.

I guess you just have to be there.

I was pedaling the loop around 6:30 p.m. as the sun was descending and the last of the daylight was illuminating flowering bushes on the loop road.

It was 97 degrees when I started on Nevada SR 159 out of Summerlin, but it had dropped to 84 degrees in the shadows and shade on the Loop past the overlook.



Sure it was hot. But I've biked in miserable, sweaty, muggy conditions in Florida. So, I paced myself as I pedaled out to the loop entrance.

I mostly bike in the mornings, when it's cooler. The light at the end of the day is what makes this ride special.



 

No comments: