Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Looks Like Emails Saved The Florida State Office Of Greenways and Trails

Looks like the emails sent to the Florida Senate committee that was considering cutting the Florida Office of Greenways and Trails worked today.

Jennifer Bartlett at Sprinkle Consulting was among those who wrote to the state senators who sit on the Senate General Government Appropriations Committee and got this response:

"Thank you for your email regarding the Office of Greenway and Trails. I support fully funding this program and I am actively working to avoid this merger.

I am proud to tell you it appears we have now saved full funding except for the elimination of two already vacant positions. I will continue to work on this issue, also, to assure that it remains funded.

Thank you again for writing.

-Charlie"

By Charlie, I'm assuming state Sen. Charlie Dean.

Nice work everyone who contacted the state senators on this committee.

No comments: