Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bicyclists Thank City of Saskatoon For Bicycle Infrastructure

My Hobart College friend Brian Vanneste, who I last saw in Minneapolis when I biked across the country in 1983, sent me a terrific story about cyclists thanking city officials in Saskatoon for building bike lanes and establishing "a $2-million fund for bicycling infrastructure for future projects such as extending and creating more bike paths."

How many times have we heard Tampa city officials tell us they can't afford bicycle infrastructure?

In the city of St. Petersburg, I heard they have budgeted $1 million for each of the next five seasons to continue its comprehensive bicycle infrastructure program.

In Tampa, it's time for bicyclists to demand our fair share of the infrastructure pie.

No comments: