Monday, September 28, 2009

More Photos From The Bicycle Stories Files

Well, I couldn't help myself today. After returning from St. Pete where I filmed a segment on the Bicycle Bash by the Bay for FOX News, I dove back into cleaning up the proliferating bicycle photo files that are jumbled in my computer.

I sorted more files, gave titles to files with the keepers and tonight I offer you kind Bicycle Stories readers some of the visual highlights.

* * *

Man's ability to use a bicycle for utilitarian purposes -- fishing in this fella's case -- knows no boundaries.


* * *

Guess this guy? He owns a recumbent bicycle company called Bacchetta in St. Pete and set the recumbent record for RAAM last year. I saw him on the Oinellas Trail. Bacchetta, I hope you can exhibit at the Bicycle bash by the Bay on Oct. 11.


* * *

Free burritos at Chipotle lured several dozen bicyclists on one Seminole Heights Bicycle Club ride.


* * *

Have you noticed that Tampa bicyclists like to use milk crates as baskets on their bikes?


* * *

I'm always fascinated that people try to bring the comforts of home on the bike -- like this multi-media center.


* * *

USF students early at Flatwoods.


* * *

Reverse angle shot of St. Pete Mayor Rick Baker and pals opening the Pinellas Trail extension into downtown St. Pete. Baker loves bicyclists, but someone should have informed the mayor that the proper way to fit a helmet is for it to cover one's forehead.


* * *

This fella turns the sidewalk along Tampa Street north of Columbus into his own outdoor wrench area.


* * *

The bicyclists of Fun-Lan drive-in/flea market deserve their own post.








* * *

The Miracle Tire. It got nailed but it didn't get flattened.


* * *

Another one of my favorite shots. The dude is proud of his homemade wheels.


* * *

One of my all-timers -- my bicycle pal Steve on the tall bike wrapping up a Seminole Heights Bicycle Club ride.


* * *

Reminds me of women's roller derby on two wheels instead of two.


* * *

I'm guessing Gramps is taking little junior out for a spin. Gramps also looks like he's a veteran cigarette smoker, too.


* * *

The Team New Tampa folks like to ride fast. It's hard to get in a word with them, they bike so fast.


* * *

Dogs and bicycles and the owners who love both.


* * *

Finally, playing sweeper for today's batch of photos, Jose.