Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching Up At Flatwoods This Morning

A crisp, cool and dry November morning brought out bicyclists by the dozens all around the Tampa Bay area.

Take Flatwoods county park, for example, where it was a regular social bike round-up.

I did my usual ride from Seminole Heights to Flatwoods and met my pal, Ranger Rick, collecting $2 fees at the Morris Bridge Road entrance, then cycled through the loop and saw my fellow Seminole Heights bicycling Alan Badia -- one of the fastest cyclists in Tampa.

When I reached the Bruce B. Downs Blvd. side of Flatwoods, I met Oliver's Cycle Sports owner Randy Myhre, a SWFBUD member who was at the parking lot for a Trel demo day. If it's a Trek demo day, Trek central Florida rep Andrew Young is not too dar away and I met with Andrew at Flatwoods as well. Wrenching for Andrew Young was Andrew of Carrollwood Bicycle Emporium.

Hanging out at the BBD entrance was Flatwoods manager Eddie Anderson, who I caught up with.

Then it was a ride through the park back to Morris Bridge Road and at the parking lot there was Doreen Jesseph, who got a new road bicycle and is a Seminole Heights Bicycle Club member and married to Doug Jesseph, who I plan to see Sunday morning at the Horrible Hundred ride in Clermont.

No comments: