Monday, November 2, 2009

Lance Bikes To Piermont -- My Old Biking Area


Wow, look who stopped in Piermont, NY, about 30 miles north of New York City? That's where I used to bike, by the way, back in the day.

Why, it's none other than a fella by the name of Lance Armstrong.

He was in New York City for a fund-raiser and biked north along Route 9W to Piermont, a small village on the Hudson River about 15 miles from where I grew up.

My hometown newspaper Web site -- the Journal News -- did a little burb on Lance visiting Piermont.

I mentioned Piermont in my 158-mile, one-day ride from New York City to Albany along the Hudson River and wrote about that ride in my tribute bike ride story for Bill Fox.

1 comment:

Max Power said...

Do you suppose jackasses in cars yell "Lance Armstrong wannabe" at him when he rides?