Monday, December 10, 2012

A Bike Commute Without Bike Lights

After a very early morning news assignment (http://www.lvrj.com/business/fedex-sleighs-em-shifts-into-high-gear-santa-mode-182845061.html), I bicycled home before the sun went below the horizon.

Las Vegas has tons of recreational cyclists but it doesn't have a big bicycle commuter culture like Portland or New York.

I followed the magic road -- Alta Drive -- from a mile from the Review-Journal office to very close to my immediate development. I probably ride Alta for a solid 10 miles.

Alta is wonderful, though all uphill to the Summerlin neighborhood in western Las Vegas.

It starts in a very working/middle class neighborhood and moves into the upper-middle class area as it heads west into Summerlin.

I take a cross street named Pavillion Center and head north to my place and enjoy the views of the mountains framed by palm trees.
 

No comments: