Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tampa to St. Pete and Back II

It was another splendid day of afternoon cycling, as I returned to the Gandy Bridge to bike over the bay to St. Pete and back to Tampa. I passed the Super Bowl site along the way to get another glimpse of the NFL Experience going on for fans.

Of all the hawkers, peddlers and parking wavers I thought this fella was the most intriguing. He was in a wheelchair but it didn't stop him from trying to coax drivers off of Himes and onto his front lawn for some parking.




This lady is trying to get a customer to park in a specific direction. The dollars had her stoked.


The Weeden nature preserve and fishing deck is a special place. Bicyclists often visit the place. And I stopped by, too, this afternoon.








I don't have to tell you that there is a wide assortment of bicyclists out there. Like this fella, who uses a balloon to alert drivers.


Want to see what it's like to bike on the regular Gandy Bridge between Tampa and St. Petersburg?

Here it is.

I'm heading east and heading back into Hillsborough County.


Anybody seen Boo? Saw this sign on Hillsborough Avenue near Habana on the way back from St. Pete.

No comments: