Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Tampa Officer, a St. Pete Mayor and an Iranian Bicyclist and Son

After biking with Tampa police on a morning club ride in Seminole Heights and bumpng into Mayor Rick Baker at an event in St. Pete, I was driving home St. Pete back to Tampa on I-275 and approaching the Howard Frankland Bridge when I saw two bicyclists biking down an entrance ramp that leads to the interstate.

I did a doubletake and stopped on the shoulder and gave the dad and son a ride while putting their bikes on the bike rack.

Dad was Iranian and didn't speak English and the son went to an elementary school in Tampa. The two were just out for a day-long bike ride. Dad was from Tehran. I explained to the boy that bicyclists are not allowed on interstates like I-275 and that it would be dangerous to be out there in the middle of the bridge.

I gave them a lift to the Tampa side and dropped them off at the Panera Bread at Westshore and Kennedy. Here they are.

No comments: