Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Ride For The Birds


I am in a little rut with my bicycle routes these days so I thought I'd try a trail-laden ride that includes the Suncoast Trail to the Starkey Park trail and eventually I bike through New Port Richey and Tarpon Springs to the Pinellas Trail. I followed Sunset Point road from Dunedin east to McMullin Booth and eventually hit Drew Street to Bayshore in Clearwater to the Courtney Campbell Causeway and its frontage roads.

I've done this 84-mile ride before and it was good to see the water, which allowed me to see some amazing birds.

I saw this guy on the Suncoast trail south of State Road 54.


Gorgeous roseate spoonbills were frolicking in a watery area off the U=Path trail that links the Courtney Campbell Causeway at the Hyatt with Cypress St. in Tampa.


I looked up while cycling the U-Path trail outside Tampa International Airport and the big birds were landing overhead.


Whoa nellie, that big bird is close.

No comments: