Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Picot On Keeping Flatwoods Open 7 Days A Week


Send me your letters and emails to the county commissioners about Flatwoods and I'll also post them here:

from Picot Floyd:

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Please consider this an impassioned plea to reconsider your budget requirements to close the Flatwoods park several days each week.

My hours are not normal, I don't work on Mondays, and so that is my day to go to the park. I also enjoy the beautiful woods on the weekends, like many other folks, when i am able to do so, but these times are arbitrary, and the park is really critical to us in the biking community.

I go there mostly with my family, we are five, my youngest is five years old, my oldest daughter is 14, and we use the space to enhance our family life. We always remember our times there, including a visit last year when we got to see a great horned owl, it was sitting right beside the trail we rode on, and all my girls got to enjoy that moment.

"Where else and how else?" is the question we are asking ourselves.

Please rule in favor of your constituents, and their families, and leave Flatwoods park open 7 days a week for people who don't have a traditional Monday through Friday schedule.

Thanks,

Picot Floyd

No comments: