Friday, May 1, 2009

Product Evaluation: Grease Monkey Wipes


With all the miles I log on my two road bicycles and all the sand, grit and dirt on the roads around here, my drivetrain components get choked up with gunk and grime in no time.

Today I tried a product called Grease Monkey Wipes, a non-toxic, pro-moistened, citrus-based wipe that's 8-by-7 inches and contained in a 2 1/2-by-4-inch packet. I used the wipes to clean my Trek 2200 road bike chain and rear derailleur and the dirt came off easily and kept off my hands and clothing.

They're also ideal to keep in a saddle bag when it's time to change a flat or adjust a stuck chain while biking on the road. The Monkey Wipes can be used to handle the bike parts while keeping the rest of your bike like your handlebar or clothing clean.

Each packet is $1 and I recommend the product. Grease Monkey Wipes are based in the bicycle town of Austin, Tx. and you can check out the product at www.greasemonkeywipes.com.

No comments: